Windows 7 Change Font Color

Hwy101

Okay - Windows 7 - Home Premium - I have (with Help of Posts Here) got my desktop a Color (solid) that I like - Menus and Windows are starting to Fall inline (lol); but, I have one 'Gotcha' (isn't there always).

I would like to Change the Font Color (White) in the Taskbar (particularly the Clock, to BLACK! :D

Can Not find How to do that Anywhere :rolleyes: ... Anybody? Thanks for the Time Everyone - :)

This is most likely an unsatisfactory answer, but it depends on the background and theme. By default, the text must always, of course, be the most visible. If you select a light background, the text will turn to black.
Try this as proof. Right click a desktop icon and drag it over the lighest part of the desktop - this site, for example. The text will become black.
There may be some third part apps or desktop backgrounds that can do it for you, but I know of one.

Last edited:
This is most likely an unsatisfactory answer, but it depends on the background and theme. By default, the text must always, of course, be the most visible. If you select a light background, the text will turn to black.
Try this as proof. Right click a desktop icon and drag it over the lighest part of the desktop - this site, for example. The text will become black.
There may be some third part apps or desktop backgrounds that can do it for you, but I know of one.

Yes, that covers the 'Theme' But, I am after the Font Color of the Clock, which is in the Taskbar... And, is not effected by the position -btw, I have choosen a Classic Theme -Desktop is all one color -no light or dark areas, so all type is Black.

But, I need to get the Font of the Menu Clock to be Black. Anybody have any contact at/with Microsoft? :rolleyes:

Back