Windows 7 Changing the highlight/click file functionality

PorkSausage

I'm looking for a way to change the functionality of the single click actions for files in Windows 7.

As it is now, if you click on a file, it highlights it with a faint highlight. If I click it again it attempts to rename the file. This makes it a PITA to delete files if they are preselected and I wish to change the functionality to something more like Windows XP where you had to click twice in a certain period of time. (Maybe the period of time in Windows 7 is WAY too long?) I find myself trying to delete a file to find that I simply deleted the name. Heck, if I can turn off file renaming by click, that would work as well since I usually right click to rename. Also, if there's a way to turn off the "feature" that it only selects the filename and not the extension during a rename, that would be awesome too.

Anyone have a clue on this?

Control Panel -> Folder Options -> Double click to open an item
Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Use checkboxes to select items

That's not really what I'm looking for. I want to change the delay for renaming. I already have double click to open, and don't want "use checkboxes" functionality.

Any other suggestions (from anyone) for changing the single click to rename functionality? (Timer, disable, whatever!)

Back
Top Bottom