Windows Vista chaz shutdown reply

chaz

:confused:Chaz ::I took the side panel of and with in 2 minutes the comp shut down. First it made a clicking noise the screen went black no message or blue screen just shut down. The cooling fan keeps turning of and on with a winding noise only once. I never get any message just clicks of then shuts down. Then reboots it self. This is every time i try to play a game.

the cpu is overheating.
open that case, blow a small room fan into the case on high speed.
see if it stays on.
can you give the specs of the computer??
brand name or home built??

Yup, I would do as kjanx suggests, it does sound like a heat problem maybe the fan is past its best... Anyway, to be sure try the fan test..

:confused: Chaz Computer specs,Intel Desktop DG965RY Features
Operating System: Windows vista premium build 6000
Processor: 2.67 Gigaherts Intel core2 duo: System Model Intel Corporation, Desktop.
Memory DDR2 dual inline memory module 2 gb. Video Nvidia GeForce 8600GTS.
I think i have a big problem. Cooled the comp down stills shuts down and reboots. If i turn the comp on and go straight to play a game any game it still shuts down and reboots even if the comp been only switch on for 5 mins. The comp is only 8 mths old had it built. The comp shop where i brought it from had the comp for three days to repair and could not find any thing wrong.

Does this happen with every game you play? If not then its the game at fault. When the shop had your pc, did they try to play a game on it? If so, did it run ok? If I was you, I'm assuming the pc is still under warrenty, I would ring the shop and explain whats occurring. The only other thing you can do is to :
A. Make sure all drivers are up to date including chipset, graphics and sound.
B. Ensure all power cables are fitted and none have come loose.
C. Check overheating possibilities (which you've done).
D.Re-set the 'Bios' to default settings.
E.Check Ram by only using one stick at a time and trying to play a game. One stick may be faulty.
F.Download Everest here: |MG| EVEREST Free Edition 2.20 and use it to moniter temps ect.

If you have done all of the above, you then have to start thinking in the terms of something is faulty hardware wise. As I mention above, you say the shop has had it back but did they run the proper tests?? You must tell them exactly whats happening and when. The pc can't run ok for them and not ok for you...
Use that warrenty man and get on the phone!!

:confused:Chaz I told the comp people every thing what that was was wong with it and i mean every thing.ALL they did was hookup a game player to run the game for 3 days and that was it. They did not check any hadware at all.I do not think they like me as on our older comp they had it for three weeks and got it back and they said it clean. SO I TOOK IT BACK AND TOLD THEM THAT THE DVD BURNER WAS FAULTY THEY DIDNOT LIGHT ME TELLING THEM. BUT I WAS RIHGT. IT LOOKS LIKE I WIIL HAVE TO PROVE MY POINT WITH THEM AGAIN. HA. HA.:D

Back