Windows 10 chrome browser question

corvairbob

i use the chrome browser like many do. when i start my pc and open the browser it take me to 2 tabs this i have set to open for yahoo mail and ebay. but when i open another tab i get this page that has just a blank page and some what i think are shortcuts. the problem is it seems every time i visit another site then open another new tab i have another shortcut on that new tab i just opened. i can x them out but they just keep showing up. and if i do not x them out i get like 10 of them and then a bunch in the background.

is there a way to turn those off? i would like to save a few but only a few. i managed to make it so the few sites the i do visit often stay there but i sure would like to turn off the ones this tab page wants to add at every new site i visit.

even if i x it out and then happen to go back to that site at a later day or time again i see that same shortcut. so is there a way to turn this off ? thanks

Solution
Browser data is just temp data, it isn't that actual config data for Chrome.

Remove Chrome
Then delete C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome (or rename Chrome.bak)
Reinstall
so your telling me to take out the battery and turn i t off to see if this changes? i can't today as i'm running some utilities now so i will try that when they are done. but that never really did anything before, unless your thinking when i went and switched on those 2 things that neemober told me about? thanks

As a test I installed chrome on a VM and still had the customize button. You may want to reset your chrome install or reinstall it.

i have reinstalled it a few times and the same thing so i may be windows10 has changed it. thanks for trying

Have you reset your browser data? That will persist in reinstall. I doubt Windows has anything to do with the issue

now and then ccleaner runs and i tell it to delete all browser data. and yes i also went into chrome and deleted all the data as well. i will just delete chrome and reinstall it again the only other thing i can think of is chrome is dragging my phone data into the pc program

Browser data is just temp data, it isn't that actual config data for Chrome.

Remove Chrome
Then delete C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome (or rename Chrome.bak)
Reinstall

Solution
Back