Windows 8 Classic Start 8 Menu and Default Start Page

vinoman

I see there is a Classic Start 8 Menu that once installed will give you back the Windows 7 style menu. If you install it, can you still go back to the default Windows 8 Start page if you like?

Classic Shell will install and open on the Desktop UI. Just click the Win Key to go to the Win 8 Style Start Screen, or click in the lower left corner and click on the small Start Screen.

The latest release actually has the so-called "Metro" item on the drop down menu, but that would mean an extra click. In the Classic customise options, you can set up keys to perform certain actions. One is the normal default -as Medicted says, pressing the Windows key will return you to the Metro.

The latest release actually has the so-called "Metro" item on the drop down menu, but that would mean an extra click. In the Classic customise options, you can set up keys to perform certain actions. One is the normal default -as Medicted says, pressing the Windows key will return you to the Metro.

Thank you.

.... last night I had a computer crash and the motherboard is dead. :(

what do I do to use my hard drive again on another computer that I will buy so I can use the install of windows 8 again?

Back