Windows 7 Clean Install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit without Disc

tcm5025

I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and I ran into some problems while upgrading the HDD. At this point I think it would be best to just start over and clean install. I feel like my OS was starting to get gunked up anyway. So, I made a list of all my software and know where to get it all again.

Problem is, I don't have my original install disc anymore. I don't know where I put it after moving. I have my valid key that I was able to get off the computer with a program. How can I start over fresh though without my actual installation disc?

Last edited:
I've been trying to do some research. It seems like there is no legitimate way to just clean install if you don't have the disk without buying the whole OS again? That's really, really lame. I don't understand why Microsoft wouldn't allow to you just download the install files if you can provide your legitimate CD key.

Re: [langtitle=fi]Re: Clean Install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit without Disc[/langtitle]

Oh, thanks. I didn't realize there were legitimate sources for ISO's. Unfortunately the links for ultimate don't work there. I'm looking for it elsewhere now...

Re: [langtitle=fi]Re: Clean Install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit without Disc[/langtitle]

anyone know where to get the iso for ultimate 64 bit? i can't find a legit one anywhere...

I don't know if this will help or not Link Removed - Not Found
Joe

Poweriso, Ultraiso, Magiciso etc. will allow you to edit iso files. However, the trial versions will limit the size of the edited iso file you can save to a max of 300mb. If you've got a licensed copy, the worlds your oyster.

Here's what to do. Download the legit iso from TorrentG's link and load it into your iso editor.

From the list of contained folders / files select the sources folder. Then scroll down and find the ei.cfg file and delete it.

Save the modified iso file and then burn to disc. You now have an "opened" dvd.

Back