Cloning your SSD onto a new SSD

Hydrarchos

Hi all,
I'm currently in the process of moving over from MacOS to Windows. While it has not been a problem-free experience (is there really no affordable and user-friendly ref manager for Windows?) I'm generally satisfied with my machine.

Thing is, though, that just now that I have everything set up to my liking I'm finding out my 480GB SSD is a tad too small. I'd like to move everything to a higher capacity drive.

On a Mac, that's a cinch: hook up a second, external drive, clone everything, swap drives. But I have no idea whether that concept will work on Windows 10 and if so, which software I should use to accomplish that. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks. I did try that to clone my Linux install a while back, but it wasn't exactly overly user-friendly. That was three years ago though, so I shall give it a go on Win10.

I tried Clonezilla, but with an astounding lack of success, as it won't even boot properly. Back to square one.

I use Acronis for cloning drives, works really well and very simple doing all the hard work for you.

Back