Windows 7 Close button is missing

cryp7ic

For some reason or other, after I downloaded a bunch of updates for my 2007 Office, the close/maximize/minimize buttons are pretty much gone from the top right of all of my windows. I can still use the button locations in the same way, but the graphics have been more or less erased. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, does anyone know how to fix it?

I am experiencing this problem as well. Not after updating Office, though (not even installed). It just happened.

Got any solution?

I am experiencing the same problem. I noticed it after I installed SP2 for Office 2007. Also, I am unable to uninstall this feature.

Same problem here. I did not notice if it is after installing Office SP but some window have buttons (skype for instance) and most don't.
Did you find a solution ?

Although it definitely appears to be an Office issue, except for one, but did you install the latest WDM driver for your video card?

Try going into your graphics card settings and make some changes and see if that might solve the problem.

You may need to restart.

This occurred on my machine when Windows was first installed, but as soon as I installed the WDM driver, it went away immediately.

On my laptop I only have the default intel video driver installed, but will try it tonight on my desktop computer.
FYI, I just installed the latest microsoft patchs and it did nothing.

Although it definitely appears to be an Office issue, except for one, but did you install the latest WDM driver for your video card?

Try going into your graphics card settings and make some changes and see if that might solve the problem.

You may need to restart.

This occurred on my machine when Windows was first installed, but as soon as I installed the WDM driver, it went away immediately.

I had the sam issue and did not even think of the problem being related to Office updates. I came in here hoping to find an answer. Yours was the one that worked for me. I had to update my video driver to prerelease WDDM 1.1. Buttons are back!

Back
Top Bottom