Windows 7 Libraries is empty and documents is missing.

BurgerStew

I was playing videogames and everything was ok. But the next time i log onto my computer everything from my desktop is gone, but the recicling bin. I cant acces the downloads folder, libraries is empty, and the documents folder is missing. When i open my computer is saids C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavaivable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and then tryagain. If still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location. I tried taking out and putting back the hard drive andi am connected to the internet. Everything on my hard drive is still there. I cannot make anything on my desktop, when i right click, new it only saids folder, but still it doesn't appear!

UPDATE!
Some of the icons on my desktop appearedand I can create new folders, shortcuts etc. But libraries is still empty and directories have some items inside.

Last edited:
Suggestions :

1. Would it be too late to do a system restore and pick a date BEFORE you played the video games as your restore point?
How to do system restore

2. Restore explorer.exe
press CTRL + Alt + Del together > Task Manager > Processes tab > right click at explorer.exe > click End Process > Applications tab > New Task... > in the Open box, type explorer.exe > OK
Is desktop back to normal ?

Suggestions :

1. Would it be too late to do a system restore and pick a date BEFORE you played the video games as your restore point?
How to do system restore

2. Restore explorer.exe
press CTRL + Alt + Del together > Task Manager > Processes tab > right click at explorer.exe > click End Process > Applications tab > New Task... > in the Open box, type explorer.exe > OK
Is desktop back to normal ?

When I try to do a system restore it does not allow me to restore it to a previous state when it was ok.
And restoring explorer.exe doesn't help.

Please elaborate what do you mean by " does not allow".
Are you saying...... the date you wanted as restore point was not on the list?

If yes, did you click at the box that says " Show more restore points"
Show more restore points.png

Back
Top Bottom