ebco6226

Been trying to use a card reader i got for my microsd kingston 2gb. When i try to copy big files onto the card it gives me i/o errors. Tried formatting, formatting to different file system (fat32). There aren't any company drivers or firmwares. It worked straight out of the box on vista 32bit as well as another xp 32bit machine. Just wondering if there are any fixes or anyway to report it to microsoft. Thanks.

It seems like you are facing some issues with using a card reader for your MicroSD Kingston 2GB card, specifically encountering I/O errors when trying to copy large files onto the card. Since the card reader worked fine on a Vista 32-bit and another XP 32-bit machine, this might be a compatibility or driver-related issue with your current system.

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

1. USB Port: Try using a different USB port on your computer. Sometimes, the issue may be related to a specific port or a lack of power to the port.

2. USB Driver: Update the USB drivers on your system. Outdated USB drivers can cause compatibility issues with certain devices.

3. Card Reader Driver: Although you mentioned there are no specific drivers for the card reader from the manufacturer, you can check the device manager to see if there are any generic drivers that can be updated.

4. Windows Update: Ensure that your system is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Sometimes, updates can resolve compatibility issues.

5. Check Event Viewer: To gather more information about the I/O errors, you can check the Event Viewer in Windows. Look for any specific error messages related to the card reader or the MicroSD card.

6. Report to Microsoft: If you believe this is a bug or compatibility issue with Windows, you can report it to Microsoft through the Feedback Hub. This allows you to provide details about the problem you are facing directly to Microsoft.

To report the issue to Microsoft or seek further assistance, you can visit the Microsoft Support website and submit a support ticket or post on their community forums for additional help.

If you are still facing issues after trying these steps, let me know, and we can explore further solutions to help you resolve the problem.

Back