Windows 7 Compaq r4225ca display adapter not working

studiopix

Hello, I'm lost. It has been 2 days that i'm looking every where to find a 64bits driver for my ati xpress 200m chipset. I know that it's possible because I't worked before. But I had to format my HD and I can't fin it back. Tried the 10.2 AMD catalyst for vista64 did'nt work. Maybe I got the step wrong?

Please help me!

Have you tried this link AMD Graphics Drivers & Software
Step 1: Integrated Motherboard Graphics
Step 2: Radeon Xpress Series
Step 3: Radeon Xpress 200M
Step 4: Windows 7 - 64 Bit
According to the release notes:
ATI Radeon™ Xpress 200 Series

The latest version of the Catalyst™ software suite is designed to support the following
Microsoft Windows platforms:

Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit versions)
Windows XP Professional
Windows XP Home Edition
Windows XP Media Center Edition
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Windows 7

Known Issues Under the Windows 7 Operating System
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under
the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of Catalyst™. These include:

Desktop may jitter and flicker during HD playback under WinDVD9 on some ASICs
Certain resolutions above 10 x 7 might not full screen for specific HDMI displays
Express driver uninstall may result in a device manager error
Avivo Video Converter option is not available for Windows 7
Moving a video clip across an extended desktop may cause the desktop to flicker or
the media player to stop functioning
Changes to display resolutions may fail to apply for composite video and S-Video
Restricting the maximum refresh rate and resolution via Catalyst Control Center may
fail to apply
Catalyst Control Center page is missing under OS Display Properties
Confirmation dialog box might not appear when applying HDTV 720p and 1080i
formats; the resolution will be applied automatically
Display configuration changes in extended desktop may take longer than normal to
apply
Catalyst Control Center: Image Scaling settings might not be applied
You may want to use 7zip to extract the files contained in 10-2_legacy_vista32-64_dd-ccc.exe into a folder on your machine and then right click the Setup.exe file and choose properties, select the compatibility tab and select Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows Vista and check the box that says Run this program as an administrator. Just a thought.

Yes I've tried this one first. Install goes welll but the device manager doesn't replace standard VGA card with the drivers. Tried to install manually, doesn't want to. Also tried some previous version from AMD website. Tried also the one from HP website (vista).

Back