Windows 10 Compatability View with Edge

helpifIcan

Fantastic Member
My company uses a site for us to input hours & expenses, it requires that I use the compatibility mode to render correctly.
I have not found this option in the Edge browser, it does work with IE in compatibility mode.
If at some point they remove IE this may prove to be a problem.
Has anyone found a compatibility option in the Edge browser?

Thanks for any input.

I think they are intentionally keeping IE in for this exact reason. There doesn't seem to be a compatibility mode in Edge and it will not run ActiveX controls. Webmasters will need to update their websites and software.

They even added an option to "Open with Internet Explorer" under the ... menu just for this occasion :)

It would be nice if somewhere in Edge you could define legacy sites that automatically open in IE mode.

Or even better if you could set the sites you wanted to view in compatibility mode in IE and Edge would then act accordingly.
I thought that was the whole idea of "Edge" one browser with two "engines" the IE Engine specifically for legacy sites. Or, perhaps I misread. I do that a lot.

You could be right but somewhere I thought I read that they would at some point drop IE all together.
The bad thing is site won't work on FF or Chrome either.

I saw the open with IE and then set it to compatibility mode and all was good.

Maybe this will force them to re do the site.

Oh I'm sure by Windows 11 it'll be dropped. But by then if corporate america hasn't caught up to the times we have bigger problems :D

The bad thing is site won't work on FF or Chrome either.
I have the same trouble with a few businesses that I occasionally still support. They are mostly Doctor's Offices who use a particular program called "EPIC" (I think).
Will not work in any other browser except IE and even then not with IE 11 and in some case not even IE 10 (not sure why).
But they are stuck with using older versions of even IE.
I think it's time that the developers caught up. You would think that when it came to things like patient records and such, you would want to be using the latest and greatest browser(s) for matters of security.

It really sucks when clients aren't "stuck", but they refuse to upgrade. The only problem with supporting a system like that is that it's your responsibility to get them off an ancient archaic system before it's too late (i.e. before the whole thing goes to hell and there is zero support for it). Of course this often means that perhaps your vendor doesn't even make the software anymore, so a 3rd party has to get involved to move your data/database over to an even newer system and costs start to go through the roof.

With software vendors that are stuck in the past it often takes things starting to break because of a new OS or lack of runtime support.. bleh... even worse :D

That brings to mind our church treasurer has ben forced to get all the forms via internet and using PDF fill in for state payroll tax reporting.
He didn't have Adobe so he just tried the one he had installed. It would not work so I got the tech support call. I installed Foxit reader which has worked well for me, it wouldn't work either. So I installed Adobe and that worked. They must have cut some kind of deal with Adobe so only that program could fill out and print the forms. This a new program that the state just started this January, go figure.

Honestly that IE only crap should have died out eons ago, its a relic from the internet that should have been skinned, shredded, burned and eaten for a well balanced breakfast.

Heavens to Betsy just went to the site and noticed there was a new date of 2015, it now works with Edge. I guess somebody woke up and smelled the roses.

Back