Windows 7 Computer C partition is in low disk space

Isabelton0

Last year, after installing the Windows on my computer, I had divided my computer internal drives into four partitions. But, unfortunately, recently, there was only below 1GB of free space left on my C partition. Moreover, in this morning, when trying to install a video editing tool there, a low disk space notice also popped out and stopped me to use it. So, I think, perhaps, it is necessary for me to extend this partition space right now. Am I right? Do you have any way for me to fix this low disk space problem? Do I have to change another computer drive? Thank you for any advice!

First of all check your drive for junk by running ccleaner free from here:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Then, if necessary you can download a copy of Easeus partition manager to re-assign some of your disk space to the C drive but first run ccleaner - you may not need to add space after ccleaner.

If you have a large RAM, eliminating the hiberfile (if you do not use hibernation) can save you as many GBs as your RAM is. The command is powercfg -h off

If all of this and the above does not help, post a picture of your disk management and we'll see what can be done.

Hey, the ways for you to resolve this low disk space problem could be different according to your different conditions:

* If there is too unnecessary files or programs stored on this C partition, clean them all up to free some free space.

* If there is enough free space on other partition, like D, E or F partitions, you can open Disk Management, delete or shrink the partition with free space and add the free space to your C partition there.

* If the free space is not adjacent to your C partition, you also can use a partition resizing tool to extend this partition, like GParted, IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free and Active Partition Master, etc.

* But, if there is no any free space left on the same physical drive, just buy a larger one to replace the old one.

No matter what your conditions are, just save all partition data on other places in case of data loss.

OK! That depends! If there is enough free space left on the same physical computer drive, you can indeed extend this partition with the free space of other partitions. Moreover, to extend this partition, there are also two ways: extend it with Disk Management Tools or some partition resizing software online.

If you know nothing about such partition extending information, here is an article that may give you some clues:

partition-magic-server-2003.blogspot.com/2013/11/resize-server-2003-partition-free.html

But, if there is no free space left and all partitions are full, you really do need to replace this original drive with a larger one.

I always recommend this when do the partition thing as give your Windows partition a big size and let another partition be the one to install and be like operating programs on and another partition to be the one with music and games and all. Telling you about the partition resizer as if you can do the delete programs and clear it out from C and make it come to another partition . It is a way to save a lot of your C size and as better to keep it free zone for have less issues in the future. You clear caches and do the temp files clear and all as will find it work faster and no need for panic as it is a real small thing and wish you will get all back to normal soon. The partition resize if the partition after C is large one, can do the resize and make C bigger after resize through "manage " when click"Start""Computer" @ computer click with right mouse and will find "manage" and that will get you to the partitions and show you all spaces of every and each partition out there and can resize it.

Last year, after installing the Windows on my computer, I had divided my computer internal drives into four partitions. But, unfortunately, recently, there was only below 1GB of free space left on my C partition. Moreover, in this morning, when trying to install a video editing tool there, a low disk space notice also popped out and stopped me to use it. So, I think, perhaps, it is necessary for me to extend this partition space right now. Am I right? Do you have any way for me to fix this low disk space problem? Do I have to change another computer drive? Thank you for any advice!
Firstly, you have to clean C partition, and check if there is any free space can be used;

Secondly, check if other extended partitions have free space. If they have, we can Extend some free space to C partition. We can use Disk Management to SHRINK extended partitions, and EXTEND C partition. Also, you can use other third-party tools like MiniTool to MERGE C partition with another adjacent partition or EXTEND C partition and exchange the partition size in your computer.

If there is no much more free space in extended partitions, maybe you need to choose a bigger one.

Back