Windows 7 Computer Hangs while selecting some files/folders

tanvsb

Hello all,

I'm a new member here. I'm using Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit in my Intel duel core 3 Ghz with Intel g41 express chipset, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, 1 TB Hitachi internal HD.

There are some movie files with different extensions or folders containing those files on selection of those files or folders or while trying to play those files my computer hangs instantaneously and there remain no options except to restart my computer. Someone may say that I've virus in my computer but I can say that I've checked those files on other computer where it doesnt create any problem. I'm giving a snap shot of the message gives while my computer hangs. Image0362.jpg

Thanks for the snap shop...if you use your snipping tool in the programs list or just type snipping tool in the search field of the start menu, you can capture screen shots with a lot more clarity and detail.

What are the file extensions in question? What software are you using to open file/folder with said file extension? Is the computer fully updated with all current drivers and software updates as well as all MS recommended updates? Have you checked your system for any malware and spyware? Sometimes these little buggers can cause such problems like changing file extensions.

It could be a codec problem, the most common problem with movies and such. The solutions are several, you can find them with Google codec pack. I'm using Windows Essentials Codec Pack, Home of Windows Essentials Codec Pack, it's served me well. Only some of the most rare file formats have caused me problems, and not very much in the past few years.

In principle, all movie / audio formats need their own translator. If you don't have the distinct one, it won't work. Like sheep won't eat what wolves eat.

Back