Windows 8 Computer has been asking me to "Activate Windows" for the past 6 years.

Golurk

I have had this PC for the past 6ish years, and ever since day one, every few hours, about 3-4 times a day, whatever program or application i'm in will close and prompt me with a completely blue screen telling me to activate windows and only gives me the option of going to my PC Settings before I can X out of the window. I'm sick of it, I've dealt with this for 6 years. Countless games I play have had certain situations ruined because of sudden game closes due to this. I am perfectly fine with the current version of Windows that I have, Windows 8. How do I disable this from appearing ever again?

Your post may need a little more detail. But, Presumably you have activated Windows?

Can you please open a command prompt and type slmgr /xpr

If you do not receive a popup indicating the machine is permanently activated, you may have an issue. However, I am unfamiliar with Windows BSOD over failed activation.

Windows 10 was released in 2015, so how could this be going on for 6 years? Sorry, I see you are on Windows 8. Yes, I would run that command and also scan for malware/virii on this system if it says the machine license is activated.

Back