Windows 7 Computer screen goes blank for 3 min. then I see this

Some weeks back, someone else wrote in with the same problem. I suspect some malware is causing your computer to go looking for that blog. It no longer exists, which is why you get the message and probably why your computer hangs (either because it is busy looking or the malware is hanging while waiting for it). If I remember right, this happened to the previous poster when the computer went into screensaver mode. I suspect it's malware because neither of you have any idea what this is, which indicates that you didn't install something on purpose to display this blog. If your computer isn't hanging, you just see this after the screen goes blank for three minutes, it may be hooked to your screensaver, also.

If you are using a third party screensaver, remove it and try selecting one of the Microsoft default screensavers. See if that fixes it.

If you open Task Manager, does anything show up that might be responsible for the window?

Ok so I install malwarebytes. and found lots of junk I did not want installed.
So far 12 hours no more blog screen. Cross fingers for a day or two. I'll report back.
Mark F.

Blogger is a service by Google, a Free weblog publishing tool, I don't know how it works but, obviously, you have got connected to it. By nature it is an extension / add-on, and you should be able to get rid of it through Chrome settings = up right corner > Tools > extensions, and just plug it off.

The notification you get is because your blog is out of date or unused or something. You need to decide if you want to have it, or get rid of it.

Like most, it's a good tool if you want it and use it, in other cases it's a mere nuisance. It may have got you as an addition to something you installed, there's more and more of extra stuff that comes with installations, us being unaware of them.

Btw, very nice landscape you have there. :)

Last edited:
Blogger is a service by Google, a Free weblog publishing tool, I don't know how it works but, obviously, you have got connected to it. By nature it is an extension / add-on, and you should be able to get rid of it through Chrome settings = up right corner > Tools > extensions, and just plug it off.

The notification you get is because your blog is out of date or unused or something. You need to decide if you want to have it, or get rid of it.

Pauli, this thing appears to be some kind of low budget spam or a defunct scam. It pops up a "Microsoft System Maintenance" window (I assume a fake), that links to this blog (now shut down). I'm kind of curious whether Malwarebytes found its specific signature (a known problem), or it just matched a general malware pattern.

Back