Windows 7 Computer will not boot properly, Windows 7

Davis10

Hey, im just having a problem with my computer. When I turn it on it will go through a couple of screens like its going to start up, but then it goes to a black screen with a blinking white cursor in the top left of the screen. Please help, I am not sure of what to do!

Thank you

Hello Davis10, Link Removed - Invalid URL to Windows 7 Forums,

Place your Windows 7 DVD in and boot to the "System Recovery Options" screen and select "Startup Repair", this will
scan your computer in an attempt to find and fix any startup problems.
There's also the possibility of having to do this more than once.

Once you've been able to get back in to Windows, I would run a few malware/virus scans, using Spybot-Search & Destroy, MSE and Malwarebytes, running them 1 after the other of course, to make sure your machine is not infected.

Hope this helps

Don

I dont have my windows 7 disc, but I can get to this "startup repair" by hitting F11 upon startup. But when I do that it works for a little bit and then it says it fails.

The indication you describe will occur if the system sees no bootable system at the destination used in the boot process.

Have you changed any drives lately? Can you describe your system in detail as far as type of system and drive configuration?

The Startup Repair suggested should have worked, so something a little different may be going on.

Can you get into Safe Mode?

Back