Windows 10 Computer won't recognize new External HDD

dg93

I have a custom built PC running Windows 10 Home that will not recognize my external HDD. The drive is a brand new 160gb WD Scorpio Blue, and the case is a new Sabrent EC-UASP. My other Windows 10 devices, as well as my Dell chrome book, will recognize the drive. Upon plugging the device into the PC, you can hear the device connected sound, but there is no sign of the drive anywhere except for the device manager. Under the disk drive section, I can see "Sabrent SCSI Disk Device" and under storage controllers, I can see "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device". The drive doesn't even show up in disk management. I have tried to update any drivers related to the issue but windows says they are all up to date. Can anybody help me with this issue? Thanks in advance!

Hi

Look in Disk Management and make sure you don't see an unassigned drive with no letter.

When you look at Device Manager / Properties /General Tab what does it say as to Device Status?

Click on update driver again, and see if it say you have the latest driver.

If you don't see anything that helps here...

Try uninstalling the drive in Device Manager and reboot and force Windows to redetect it.

See if that makes it show up in Disk Management.

Mike

Back