Windows 7 Connecting to the Net Wirelessly.

colfmedion

Honorable Member
Hi,
I have a Netgear Wireless Router WGR614-6VGUKS and a Netgear ADSL modem Router DG834 v4. Is it possible to connect to the Net wirelessly using these 2 and if so how? I have tried but with no success but not sure about order and connections. Looked on the Net but found info there confusing and not really answering my questions.
Grateful for any advice.
Colf

The DG834 alone is all that you should need to connect wirelessly. Make sure that your wireless adapter in you pc is set to automatically request an ip address from your router as follows:

Go to control panel, networking and sharing centre, change adapter settings, right click on the wireless connection, single click on Internet Protocol version 4, click on properties. Make sure that both "obtain an ip address automatically" and "obtain dns server address automatically" are checked. Some laptops have a switch to turn wifi on and off - check to see if yours does and if so make sure it is turned on. If your pc still fails to detect the wireless signal get back to us and we can suggest further things.

Hi,
Seems to be some confusion here. The equipment I am talking about is a Netgear Wireless Router WGR614-6vguks and a Netgear Modem Router DG834V4 (This is not a wireless router). From what I understand the wireless router needs to go through a Modem. I understand that it is possible to Bridge the 2 to in effect end up with a Wireless ADSL/Modem Router. Is this right?
Colf

Back