Windows 7 Constant BSOD & Reboot on startup of Dell Windows 7

Shaitan00

For the last couple of weeks (I was just given the laptop) my friends Dell Inspiron has been Blue Screen of Death'ing on start then rebooting (loop on this) - I was able to see the BSOD when I disabled the "reboot on error" and all I get is the following:
Blue Screen STOP: 0x0000007B
I cannot get into Safe Mode (same error) to get any dumps (at least I wouldn't know how)

I tried Startup Recovery, Last known configuration, Restor points (many of them), Chkdsk, sfc, and bootsec but nothing seems to resolve the problem... The next step is a re-install from the Dell Recovery drive (I hope because I don't have the origial Windows 7 Dell Install CD), but obviously I would like to avoid that...

Any other ideas?
Any helps/hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

without a BSOD i can only work on knowledge

i BELIEVE the 7b stop is in accessable boot device

try this for now, it may get you back on windows or within safe mode but if u do i would recommend for now backing eveerythin up however

boot up

enter bios

change the boot from AHCI TO ATA

save and exit

see what happe ns

Did you friend give you any clues as to what might have caused the problem?

You said you ran chkdsk, what did it say? Did you run Chkdsk /f /r ?

Do you have the Repair CD or an Install DVD? Is this how you are running the utilities you say you have run?

If you look in the bios, is the system using an UEFI boot option? I don't know much about this, but you might try the other option.

The bug check codes are explained Link Removed due to 404 Error, maybe something there will help.

Back
Top Bottom