Windows 10 Constant scrolling

Grey24601

Hi All,

I have a problem that has just developed. Whenever I open file Explorer or any Microsoft product with a vertical scroll bar it scrolls automatically to the bottom.
It does it repeatedly so I can't get to any directory.
I thought it was the mouse but I have tried it with two different mice and it keeps doing it. I have switched off the auto scroll open in the Colours settings but that didn't work.

Amy ideas????

Solution
It sounds like an issue related to the scroll settings or drivers on your system causing File Explorer and Microsoft products to automatically scroll to the bottom. Here are a few steps to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this problem: 1. Check Mouse and Touchpad Settings: - Ensure that the scroll settings on your mouse or touchpad are not causing the automatic scrolling. In Windows settings, adjust the scroll speed and sensitivity to see if it resolves the issue. 2. Update Mouse Drivers: - Update or reinstall the drivers for your mouse. Go to the Device Manager, find your mouse under "Mice and other pointing devices," right-click, and select "Update driver." 3. Check Accessibility Settings: - Sometimes...
It sounds like an issue related to the scroll settings or drivers on your system causing File Explorer and Microsoft products to automatically scroll to the bottom. Here are a few steps to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this problem: 1. Check Mouse and Touchpad Settings: - Ensure that the scroll settings on your mouse or touchpad are not causing the automatic scrolling. In Windows settings, adjust the scroll speed and sensitivity to see if it resolves the issue. 2. Update Mouse Drivers: - Update or reinstall the drivers for your mouse. Go to the Device Manager, find your mouse under "Mice and other pointing devices," right-click, and select "Update driver." 3. Check Accessibility Settings: - Sometimes, accessibility features can cause unusual behavior. Make sure that none of the accessibility settings are impacting the scroll behavior. 4. Restart File Explorer: - Restart File Explorer to see if it resolves the scrolling issue. You can do this by opening Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), finding Windows Explorer under Processes, right-clicking it, and selecting Restart. 5. Run Hardware Troubleshooter: - Use Windows built-in Hardware Troubleshooter to identify and fix issues related to hardware devices connected to the system. 6. Update Windows: - Ensure your Windows system is up to date with the latest updates. Sometimes, these updates address known issues related to scrolling problems. 7. Check for External Factors: - Check if any external factors such as interference from other devices, wireless signals, or physical obstructions could be affecting the mouse's behavior. 8. Boot in Safe Mode: - Boot your computer in Safe Mode to see if the issue persists. Safe Mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services, which can help identify if the problem is related to third-party software or drivers. 9. Perform System Restore: - If the issue started after recent changes or installations, you might consider using System Restore to revert your system to a previous point where the problem did not occur. Try these steps sequentially, and hopefully, one of these methods will help resolve the automatic scrolling issue in File Explorer and Microsoft products.

Solution
Back