Windows 7 Continual BOSD please help

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41284, fffff980194c2001, d7c4, fffff780c0000000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4ad3 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Andrew,
your two dump files were memory management (above) and Nvidia gpu driver. Most of your drivers are ok date wise apart from:
Rt64win7.sys Fri Jun 10 07:33:15 2011: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet please update:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Did you eventually run memtest86? If not follow the instructions above in post #12.

Thank you Kemical I have updated the Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet with the driver you supplied Thank you, I also looked at the Audio drivers and found they are operated by Nvidia I have not changed them but on the EVGA site which my motherboard is the latest Audio driver from them is this one:
11-21-2013AudioR2.73132-BL-E758Windows 7 64bit
I see you said about the Nvidia gpu driver could that be the audio part of that driver not compatible with my motherboard?
I will leave it the way it is until you come back to me as I feel if I start messing around it could spoil the process you have to diagnose the problem.
Re Memtest is there any specific test to run as when I was overclocking we only ran a couple of intensive tests to test RAM but again I'm very happy to let it run all test and will start it straight after typing this e mail.
Can I ask when I send in the files roughly how long does it take to look through them to find the faults?
And finally what is it you use to open and look at the data with?

Very many thanks I REALLY do appreciate your help, this is a problem I could not do myself and would mean spending money on parts which I cannot afford to do at this moment.

The Nvidia audio driver is just a part of the actual graphics driver and I doubt it's incompatible. The Realtek driver should be fine as it's direct from source and the latest version of course.
As for Memtest86 just follow the guide I posted in post #12.

To view dump files I use the windows debugger. This guide from Microsoft explains the basics:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263
Each dump file can take around 20-30 minutes sometimes longer to debug properly.

Hi Kemical
Gosh I'm so grateful you help people like me, that's an awful lot of your time all I can say is I truly appreciate it.
I have done the driver from realtek following your link and left the Nvidia driver alone until you came back to me so I will not touch that one.
I did Memtest last week for around 3 hours this time it's still running at 4h 42m and counting 4 complete passes no errors, I'm going to leave it a good while to make sure this time,
How long would you say to be certain it's not the RAM?
Thanks again.
Andrew.

Ideally it's best left overnight as sometimes an error can take 12hrs to show.

Hi Kemical
I notice you had similar problems with a 5870, I thought it was my graphics card as the first signs I got 5 years ago was like a corruption on the screen when booting up which if left for around 10-15 mins corrected itself and worked normally.
Then it started the BSOD it often happened whilst I was doing Word documents but not always, the Word documents could be a red herring. All this was with the complete system water cooled including the 5870, I took it out and tried different slots and then I removed it and put the standard cooler on (I don't know why by that time I would try anything) that made no difference, I then did a brand new install of W 7 and it seemed to cure it but it came back within a couple of days, since then I bought an SSD and a Nvidia 480GTX to see if that would cure it, initially I thought the Nvidia had cured it as it ran for several hours with no problems so I water cooled it and after that it started again.
I have run OCCT for hours with no errors and Prime 95 then Furmark on both the ATI and the Nvidia, I spent hours testing the ATI and none of them found a problem with it.
The system used to run perfect, I used to bench and submit to HWBOT but I kept putting a dot in the wrong place or something and after I had sold the hardware they removed my records that had been submitted wrongly and I lost 13 World records so I spat my dummy and gave in.
Around 5-6 years ago that was then I had to do a rebuild for some reason I can't remember and since then it's never worked properly, when I did overclock I used very low voltages compared to most overclockers the cpu has only ever been to 1.4v for a couple of tests the GPU that is the ATI I only ever used the MSI or ATI tool to overclock it as it was too much money for me to lose.
The Memtest I have now run for about 25 hours and still going please see zip upload.
I could turn up the RAM voltage to 1.65v as Corsair say it should be as it sets itself to 1.5v I haven't tried that.
I've been trying to cure this for 5 years on and off, this is the most I have done and that is because of your help as I would have given up not knowing what to try next, my other problem is I have a severe spinal injury and take a lot of Morphine which screws my head up for thinking and I often cannot remember things as they really were, so if at some point I burble something out that looks contradictory to what I have said before pull me up as it helps me remember.
Just another thought "could" it be possible that a DVD drive could cause it? I have 2 so could try them one at a time.

I will leave it going as long as I can today, then try to install one of my racing car games (I only play racing car games and Microsoft X Sim) my objective is to get it going so I can enjoy those games again along with the normal printing and letters etc.
I haven't activated W7 as I have done it so many times I have had to ring Microsoft twice already plus when we find what is causing the problem I would like to do another clean install to be certain there are no gremlins in there then do an Acronis image.

Thanks again, if I can EVER help you please ask the amount of hours you've put in helping me has motivated me to not give up on this now, (before my injury I would have never given in but it's effected my concentration so much and some days I struggle to drag myself out of bed because of the pain, so this has given me some of my mojo back.

Attachments

• Memtest 25 Hours.zip
    236 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Hey Andrew,
I'd say your RAM doesn't seem to be faulty and I'd stop testing if you haven't already done so.
As for my old 5870 issue.... Well I eventually discovered after much trial and error that it had nothing to do with the card itself. I discovered it was actually the CPU overheating whilst gaming. Even though I'd tested with Prime95 some games like Crysis 3 for example are so hardcore it was sending the CPU temp through the roof and of course I wasn't seeing it. I just thought it had to be a graphics issue but when the issue continued after buying a 680.. I then knew it had to be something else and like I said after a lot of trial and error I eventually monitored the temps whilst in certain situations and as they say the rest is history. Troubleshooting can be a nightmare if you only have the one system as with two you can swap components over and at least test them in a different machine.
Reading through your above post it seems like you've replaced a lot of components apart from the RAM (which you've tested and found to be ok ), your CPU, your motherboard and finally your PSU.
Try running this Intel test on your CPU and let's see if we can rule that out too:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=19792

If your CPU passes then that would leave only the motherboard and PSU in question.

I'm very sorry to hear about your difficulties and think you've done remarkably well considering the pain you must be in. I'm sure if we both work together on this we'll eventually find the culprit.. :)

Hi Kemical

Finished up 27 hours of Memtest with no errors then downloaded the Intel CPU tool that has come up with no errors.
I'm going to run it for a while with the new Ethernet driver you discovered for me and see what happens, I will be back as soon as it either crashes or is OK.
Many thanks
Andrew.

Hi Kemical
I'm getting closer I think, I have found my Vcore to be moving around and down to as low as 1.06v .
I ended up doing another install yesterday as it blue screened so many times I couldn't get it going in the end.
Another thing has cropped up on rebuild I have error some updates were not installed code: 8024200D.

I've turned up the voltages like to what I used on overclocking but a bit under and done a very mild overclock of 3ghz, this system was 13th in the world when I was overclocking late 2009 I managed 4797ghz and 4524 ghz fully Linx stable, I just looked and although it's old it's still in 42nd spot.
So I will try this today and see how we go, it's looking like the motherboard I think.

Hi Kemical

That you for the link it was that:)

EVGA are complete stars, they looked at my diagnosis and then found it was out of warranty because I didn't register in time, but they somehow changed the date so I have full warranty and have issued an RMA already!!!
All I need to do is to take it out box it up and send it to Germany, again shocked how cheap it is £26 inc £250 insurance.
Since I have upped the CPU VTT not had a single lock up or blue screen or anything looking in the windows error reporting and nothing is showing since I upped the voltage, I did the system clean up which deleted all the error reports before finding out about the CPU voltage fluctuations.

Many thanks Kemical in the past I had given up with this and it's because of all your help I have stuck to it, and enjoyed learning a bit also.
I can't tell you how grateful I am for all your help.

Thank you.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,
I'm really pleased to hear you got it all sorted and yes I too think EVGA is one of those rare companies that still cares a great deal about it's users. (also word of mouth goes a hell of a long way).
Best of luck with the new parts and of course we are always here if you should need some help.. :)

Back