Cortana problems! Help me please?

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by RUDY03, Oct 9, 2016.

1. RUDY03

RUDY03 Member

Hey guys!

My Cortana on my Win 10 desktop seemed to work fine up till yesterday, since when, Cortana is unable to reply to simple chat questions. I mean, if I would ask, " Hey Cortana! What's up?", she'd have usually told me about this day in history, but since yesterday, she only says stuff like, " I found this for you." and then the only thing below her window is the Bing logo and "See more results on Bing.com." I mean, there aren't even any results on the Cortana window, 'cause clicking on 'Bing.com' takes me to a search on Edge, so someone please help me fix this problem....Also, she can still answer questions if I type them, but "hey Cortana" questions take me to Bing.....

P.S. Another problem is that she often loses connection, although the internet is working fine. All I do is clear Cortana from Task Manager, and she'll be fine again. I read this somewhere on the internet, but of course this isn't a permanent solution.....

My Windows 10 is Anniversary Edition
    build 14393.222
    Version:1607

Everything updated, no virus, just a few games, that's all.

Please help! I loved Cortana's smoothness till yesterday!!!! And these problems seem to have come since I went from 14393.05(?) to 14393.222................so maybe???

2. RUDY03

RUDY03 Member

I just discovered! Cortana works fine when I say "What is up?" and type "What's up?". But if I say "What's up?" then the problem persists as usual......

3. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP