Windows 10 Cracked Laptop Screen

Darth4212

Okay just recently I cracked my laptop screen, (don't ask me how because I have no idea one night I shut it down then closed it and woke up the next morning to find it cracked to all hell), thankfully I have a crap-ton of monitors laying around. Now I have a question i am currently dual booting and when my computer starts up it goes to Grub 2 immediately now this doesn't show up on the external monitor is there a way to make it do that. And just for reference it isn't only a certain monitor it is all of them.

Grub will only show up on the monitor that it's given. Have you tried toggling the display with your Function key + one of the F# keys?

If the glass is cracked then it needs to be replaced. So you need to take your computer to a repair shop who will do this for you. Or it could be some other problem that needs fixing. I had the same problem 2 years ago when I got a red screen. It turned out my glass screen was damaged but the repair shop replaced it for me.

I don't currently have the money to replace the screen
Grub will only show up on the monitor that it's given. Have you tried toggling the display with your Function key + one of the F# keys?
I tried and it didn't do anything!:);):):(
Is the button that press look like one vertical line and then a rectangle and then another vertical line?

Last edited by a moderator:
Replacing the screen would be the best option. I would say it's a medium difficulty repair. Typically you will need a small Philips screw driver and a plastic pry bar. On most screens, if you have small rubber boots you need to remove those and there will be screws under them. Then with the pry bar you pry on the inside of the screen bezel gently to pop the plastic clips out and just work your way around. Th screens themselves will have small screws in a metal frame and one cable to disconnect. Lastly the wireless antenna may be taped on the screen so just remove them and tap them on the new screen.

Back
Top Bottom