Crash Nsf Files

Discussion in 'General Computing' started by erickyim2132, Sep 28, 2015.

1. erickyim2132

erickyim2132 New Member

My Thinkpad crashed and luckily I had backed up 2 days before using Rescue and Recovery. All my files have been retrieved including the Lotus Notes archives etc....except for my contacts (address book) which are a file called names.nsf. I can go into R&R and when I retrieve an individual file, I see the file on the external hard drive (about 85Mb) but when I try to retrieve it, it gives me an error saying "Unable to restore file: C:\.... Contact your administrator if this error occurs again". I would say that it's a bad sector on the external hard drive, but there are 4 backups on the hard drive and I can't retrieve the file from any of them. It seems to more of a problem with the type of file itself. There is another '.nsf' file that I can't retrieve which is a journal/memo. Maybe there's a problem retrieving .nsf files? Is there some other way to retreive it such as a different way to uncompress the file outside of the R&R program....although I can't see the files on the hard drive directly - only if I view the files through the R&R program. Any help or ideas would be appreciated....it has years of contact information that's causing me to limp along. Thanks!

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP