Insider Preview Critical failure, startmenu and Cortane don't work

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by bochane, Jul 12, 2015.

1. bochane

bochane Honorable Member

Have you ever seen this?

I do a clean install of 10162 from USB flash, on a Acer Aspire One (yes, a minimal system), remove all partitions and create a new one. Everything seems to go as expected, devices are installed, I select use Express settings, see the message “Even geduld” (One moment please) and than a threatening message pops up:

“Kritieke fout
    Startmenu en Cortane werken niet. De volgende keer dat u zich aanmeldt zal worden geprobeerd dit te het te herstellen - Afmelden”
    (Critical Failure
    Startmenu and Cortana don’t work. Next time you login, we will try to fix it – Log off
    )

After logging off this repeats.

I force a reboot, again I select Express settings and the installation continues……

#1 bochane, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. davehc

davehc Microsoft MVP
    Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

That is the first time I have seen such a message at that early stage. Maybe someone will have the answer, but, I would suggest at the moment, either a bad download or bad "burn" to the USB.

Trouble likes this.
  3. bochane

bochane Honorable Member

I checked the download, also tried install from DVD, same result, and I found another user with the same message in the feedback.

So I think it is hardware related, an Acer Aspire One is so small...... poor thing...
    And 10162 is working now!

We will see, thanks for answering

#3 bochane, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015