Windows 7 Custom resolution error

YaPaY

Hi,

I installed 7052 32 bit version and setup newest geforce driver 181.22 forceware. I want to add custom resolution for my lcd tv toshiba. But I can not. I get always "custom mode test failed" errors.

Is there any solution?

I'll take a stab at this......

Although you installed the "latest" drivers, they were probably not certified for Windows 7, correct?

You probably downloaded these drivers, GeForce Forceware 181.22 for Windows Vista 32-bit WHQL

I'll take a stab at this......

Although you installed the "latest" drivers, they were probably not certified for Windows 7, correct?

You probably downloaded these drivers, GeForce Forceware 181.22 for Windows Vista 32-bit WHQL

No, it's GeForce Forceware 181.22 for Windows 7 32-bit WHQL

Well, you got me, i stand corrected.

By the way, I did a search for those drivers, and came up with no results for Windows 7.

Would you mind providing a link for me to try?

Well, you got me, i stand corrected.

By the way, I did a search for those drivers, and came up with no results for Windows 7.

Would you mind providing a link for me to try?

Link Removed due to 404 Error

it's for windows 7. You can download it from official website of nvidia

Thanks,

I appreciate it.

I went to the official Nvidia site previously and it stated to download the drivers using Windows Update, problem was there was no update for Windows 7 drivers.

I'm using latest 191.07 drivers (WHQL) official and cannot create custom resolutions in Win7 either (GeFoce 7600GS 256MB AGP). :(

I found a fix

Problem solved.
when creating the custom resolution (that you know it works under WinXP), just set the "Timing" Standard to "DMT" instead of automatic. there you go, it works :)

Back
Top Bottom