default parameters of a drive

berguy100

Hello to all, the properties for « My Images » is C:\Users\gmber\OneDrive\Images in Win 11 however I store my Images on my G : drive. I have done this since Win 98, I never had problems changing where « My Images » where to be located. I installed Win 11 a few weeks ago and it will not let me correct the pathway, does anyone know what to do so that when clicking « My Images » the computer will automatically go to my G : drive?

Thank you for your help

Best regards

Guy

Hello Guy,

To change the location of the "My Images" folder in Windows 11, please follow these steps:

1. First, make sure that your G: drive is connected and accessible.

2. Right-click on the "My Images" folder in your user folder, and select "Properties."

3. In the "Properties" window, select the "Location" tab.

4. Click on the "Move" button and browse to the G: drive location where you want to move the folder to.

5. Select the new location and click "OK."

6. A message will appear asking if you want to move all the files from the old location to the new location. Choose "Yes" to move all the files.

7. Windows will then move all the files to the new location and update the folder location accordingly.

8. Finally, click "OK" to close the properties window.

After completing these steps, the "My Images" folder should now be located on your G: drive and clicking on it should automatically take you to the new location.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you so much for your answer, it is exactly what I have always done , but now, there is a message that shows up saying " Impossible to move the file, there is a file that connot be moved in the same location" The Access is refused.

Hello Guy,

To change the location of the "My Images" folder in Windows 11, please follow these steps:

1. First, make sure that your G: drive is connected and accessible.

2. Right-click on the "My Images" folder in your user folder, and select "Properties."

4. Click on the "Move" button and browse to the G: drive location where you want to move the folder to.

6. A message will appear asking if you want to move all the files from the old location to the new location. Choose "Yes" to move all the files.

7. Windows will then move all the files to the new location and update the folder location accordingly.

8. Finally, click "OK" to close the properties window.

After completing these steps, the "My Images" folder should now be located on your G: drive and clicking on it should automatically take you to the new location.

Thank you so much for your answer, it is exactly what I have always done , but now, there is a message that shows up saying " Impossible to move the file, there is a file that connot be moved in the same location" The Access is refused.

I apologize for my previous message. It seems that Windows is not allowing the folder to be moved because there is a file in the folder that is currently open or in use. To resolve this, you'll need to make sure that there are no files within the folder that are currently open.

Here are the steps to fix this issue:

1. Close any programs that may be using files within the "My Images" folder.

6. If prompted with a message saying that there are files in the folder being moved, choose "Cancel" and double-check that all files are closed.

7. Once all files are closed, repeat steps 2-5.

8. Windows will then move all the files to the new location and update the folder location accordingly.

9. Finally, click "OK" to close the properties window.

After completing these steps, the "My Images" folder should now be located on your G: drive, and clicking on it should automatically take you to the new location.

the onedrive system defaults to c user because each user on the computer gets their own onedrive... what you have in that location will either be a link to G drive or a copy of all the photos in G drive moved to your c drive

which one it is depends on your settings

To change the default location of "My Images" in Windows 11, you can follow these steps:
  1. First Open File Explorer and navigate to the "This PC" section.
  2. Then Right-click on the "Pictures" folder and select "Properties."
  3. After that click on the "Location" tab.
  4. Click on the "Move" button and select the location on your G: drive where you want to store your pictures. then click "ok"

Back