Windows 7 defrag windows os

ulterior

What software better for defragmentation Windows OS. Auslogics, Paragon, other or Windows defragmentator? thnx

Use the Defrag that is native to the OS. And , if I recall, believe it defrags every Wednesday, by default.... unless one changes the default setting.

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

What software better for defragmentation Windows OS. Auslogics, Paragon, other or Windows defragmentator? thnx

As You have been advised, Windows built-in defrag program is done in the background by default.You don't get to see it in action. Don't try to run it manually. It will take hours, literally.

If you are one of those, me included, who prefer to run it manually at anytime and be able to watch the progress, then I recommend Auslogics. Average time taken is about 20 min.
I use it for 5 years, since Vista era.

Last edited:
Ooo,thank you for your interesting article.I didn't know,that windows are use built in defragger in backgroun.I had searched for the best defragger in web,but couldn't found good advice. i prefer Auslogic too.

Just to add my penny, all acknowledged defraggers do the same, and do it well, There are some differences, like in optimizing.

The question about how often to defrag is debated. Defrag causes extensive wear, as the hard disk is both reading and writing at ~ max power. Thus, automatic defrag daily is hardly recommended, unlike some software producers recommend. In common use, I think it's best used once your computer starts to slack a bit. Fragmentation is a nature of a computer, it's not a flaw or disease.

Installing and unistalling a lot increases the need. And, Auslogic is fine.

And I will say, just to add to Pauli & dispel myths...

I have had a number of customers state, " I don't know why there is something wrong, I just defragged."

Defrag is not a cure-all, it's not a repair tool. It might create a little (more) free space due to having things better organized BUT, it fixes nothing. Might speed things up slightly but, it doesn't mend anything.

Cheers,
Drew

Back