Windows 10 Deleted a partition when i set up recovery drive

tomnold

Hi!

I am in a shit siutation:

I wanted to create a recovery drive. I plugged in an external drive with an M and an N Partition. Once i started the wizard, it told me to use either the M or the N drive. I took M, since on N there was the backup of quite a lot of pictures.

Then the process to establish the recovery drive, my N-Drive was gone. Now there is a G-Drive (with the recovery part) and the rest of my HDD with 1,8GB of unformatted space.

My question: Can i somehow recover my data without spending a fortune?

Thanks!!

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. THis is the affected disk:

My question: Can i somehow recover my data without spending a fortune?

Thanks!!

You should stop using that HDD, so that it does not get overwritten.
Please watch the following tutorial about creating a Linux live-USB (use another computer) :

Then run the Testdisk utility to try to recover the deleted partition(s):

Last edited:
Thank you, but not hank you. I recently switched back to Windows from MAC after 10 years, I am not going to operate a third system... Besides that, this is somehow called a WindowsForum...

Thank you, but not hank you. I recently switched back to Windows from MAC after 10 years, I am not going to operate a third system... Besides that, this is somehow called a WindowsForum...

You can also install TestDisk utility on Windows but in that case you have to take out the HDD and connect it to the computer on which you install the utility. That is why I recommended using a Linux live-USB.
Don't install TestDisk on the affected HDD as it might overwrite the space on which the deleted partition was.

Back
Top Bottom