Windows 7 Deleted Files from other Hard Disk in Recycle Bin is lost after install fresh Windows 7

sorren

Yesterday, I just reinstall fresh windows 7. After I install the OS, I just realize that my recycle bin is empty. Before I installed windows 7, some of my deleted files on my other hard disk is there. But now, I could not find it anymore. After that, I tried to select show hidden folder, files, and drives and unsellect hide protected operating system files on folder options. I try to browse to one of my hard disk, which has the deleted files on recycle bin before, then I found it the recycle bin icon there as well (For instance, the path of the drive is: N:\$RECYCLE.BIN). I tried to look at the properties, and I found that the missing size of the deleted files was on there. The problem is I cannot access it. When I tried to open the recycle bin, it just empty. I need some help with this. How do I retrieve the files again to the OS recycle bin, not the hard disk recycle bin? Is it possible to access it again? I really need those files back.

For your information, I use only one drive for system drive (I never do partition for the system drive). All my other files are on different drives.

Hi

When you re-installed Windows it created a new recycle bin, my guess is that there is no way to retrieve the old one.

Your only shot may be that when you re-installed it sometimes creates a folder called Windows old, or something like that there's a slim chance that the files would still be in there.

Mike

When you reinstall, you start with a clean slate. That's what you have now and history is gone for good. A forensic lab may be able to retrieve them, but be prepared to pay big bucks.

To recover lost, inaccessible and permanently deleted files from Windows partitions, there are several free tools available but they don’t provide guarantee to success in every case. Kernel for Windows is a robust third party software that efficiently retrieves lost, deleted, damaged and inaccessible data from Windows partitions having FAT & NTFS file systems.

Yesterday, I just reinstall fresh windows 7. After I install the OS, I just realize that my recycle bin is empty. Before I installed windows 7, some of my deleted files on my other hard disk is there. But now, I could not find it anymore. After that, I tried to select show hidden folder, files, and drives and unsellect hide protected operating system files on folder options. I try to browse to one of my hard disk, which has the deleted files on recycle bin before, then I found it the recycle bin icon there as well (For instance, the path of the drive is: N:\$RECYCLE.BIN). I tried to look at the properties, and I found that the missing size of the deleted files was on there. The problem is I cannot access it. When I tried to open the recycle bin, it just empty. I need some help with this. How do I retrieve the files again to the OS recycle bin, not the hard disk recycle bin? Is it possible to access it again? I really need those files back.
Sorry to hear that! If you do a OS re-installing, I think you never can see the deleted files you deleted before in recycle bin. However, as you saw, you still can find the size of the deleted files were on hard drive, it means you still have chance to recover deleted files from hard drive after system re-installing. Now you had better not save new data t your computer and use it as less as possible. And then try to use some data recovery software to scan your computer. I ever used a tool named Tenorshare Data Recovery Pro to recover deleted files from Windows 7computer, you can have a try.

Something you might try is looking at the files in the Admin Command prompt window. A dir /a command will show the directories and I see several directories with User numbers.

Inside the directories with the user number identifiers, I found a couple of .zip files. You should be able to copy those files and rename at the same time with something like:

copy $remueuo.zip %userprofile%\Desktop\Recovered.zip

and find them on the desktop as a normal .zip file.

Just is case you are not aware, you can copy and paste into, in and from the command prompt window by right clicking and selecting Mark. Then highlight what you want to copy and right click again and the highlighting should disappear. Put the cursor where you want to insert the copied material and right click and select paste. This ability is very useful when trying to avoid typing very long numbers such as User IDs or GUIDs.

Back