Windows 7 Deleted files keep coming back

achammar

Hi everyone. I'm new here. This is my first post. I have a pretty extensive background with computers and using Windows since Windows 3.1 back in the early 1990's but I have a problem now with my Windows 7 PC that I can't figure out.
There is a folder on my desktop that keeps coming back every time I reboot. I send it to the recycle bin, or permanently delete it but it is back every time I turn my computer back on.
I have no automatic backups going on.. never have used them as I don't like them. I do everything manually.

What am I missing?
Thank you all and I hope I can help out here on this forum too.

What is the folder name? A screen shot might help. Look in folder options and see if Hide Protected Operating System files is unchecked.
Joe

What is the folder name? A screen shot might help. Look in folder options and see if Hide Protected Operating System files is unchecked.
Joe

Thanks Joe for your reply. Here is a screenshot of the folder that keeps coming back after I delete it. It's named: "Ripped Music", and it is an empty folder. I have my folder options set to show hidden files, folders, and drives... and to not hide protected operating system files (I want to see everything...lol). I wouldn't think that would make any difference but I'm open to anything. This is not a system folder.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 337
If it isn't a media player do you have any software for ripping music?
Joe

Thanks again for your reply. I haven't installed any media player in a very long time. I did recently start using Pandora which is a radio like app that connects to internet to play music but I highly doubt that would be it. It should have no connection to that folder at all anyway. This has been going on for quite awhile, I'm just getting tired of it now. This is a folder that I made a few months ago when I was ripping some music from CD's. I don't remember if I ever even used it... LOL. I don't know what program I was using if I did, but I'll look into that today to see if there could be some connection.
Thanks for your help!
Albert

Back
Top Bottom