Windows 7 Deleting an old opperating system

right click rename on your C: drive, to call it something less confusing such as windows 7 instead of Vista64

very good idea.

What happened to your second hard drive?

You should have at least 60GB for Windows 7 installation, considering your going to install a number of 3rd party applications.

very good idea.

What happened to your second hard drive?

You should have at least 60GB for Windows 7 installation, considering your going to install a number of 3rd party applications.

Well, I have 38gb of taken up space on the ( C: ) and 10gb partition combined. I don't really get why that 10gb partition is there.

Would you consider a full "clean" install?

Be aware, you'll have to re-install all your 3rd party applications.

I use GParted for all my Windows installations. It look familiar to Linux if that helps at all.

Burn the ISO and boot your computer with it to get a feel as to it's capabilities

I'd be glad to help out with instructions..

So Gparted is a program that organizes my "used disk space" during installation of the OS? or after?

I think the operating system (W7) is only taking u 28gb on my C-drive. The 10gb partition I reformatted and turned into "z" drive. It's not a big deal to me that one of my hard drives has been split into 2. I think I'll just leave it the way it is.

Thanks a billion for yalls support,
James Keeton

if you right click computer\manage you can then open disk management and delete the Z drive then extend the C: drive to inocrporate it ?

If that grumbles about not on an active partition then use partition wizard

Partition Wizard sais I can't re size the partition while it's in use?

yes and if you click next step it will reeboot your system and perform the operation at dos level before you get into windows