Windows 7 Deleting an old opperating system

right click rename on your C: drive, to call it something less confusing such as windows 7 instead of Vista64 ;)

very good idea.

What happened to your second hard drive?

You should have at least 60GB for Windows 7 installation, considering your going to install a number of 3rd party applications.

very good idea.

What happened to your second hard drive?

You should have at least 60GB for Windows 7 installation, considering your going to install a number of 3rd party applications.

Well, I have 38gb of taken up space on the ( C: ) and 10gb partition combined. I don't really get why that 10gb partition is there.

Would you consider a full "clean" install?

Be aware, you'll have to re-install all your 3rd party applications.

I use GParted for all my Windows installations. It look familiar to Linux if that helps at all.

Burn the ISO and boot your computer with it to get a feel as to it's capabilities

I'd be glad to help out with instructions..

Would you consider a full "clean" install?

Be aware, you'll have to re-install all your 3rd party applications.

I use GParted for all my Windows installations. It look familiar to Linux if that helps at all.

Burn the ISO and boot your computer with it to get a feel as to it's capabilities

I'd be glad to help out with instructions..

So Gparted is a program that organizes my "used disk space" during installation of the OS? or after?

I think the operating system (W7) is only taking u 28gb on my C-drive. The 10gb partition I reformatted and turned into "z" drive. It's not a big deal to me that one of my hard drives has been split into 2. I think I'll just leave it the way it is.

Thanks a billion for yalls support,
James Keeton

I think the operating system (W7) is only taking u 28gb on my C-drive. The 10gb partition I reformatted and turned into \\\"z\\\" drive. It's not a big deal to me that one of my hard drives has been split into 2. I think I'll just leave it the way it is.

Thanks a billion for yalls support,
James Keeton

if you right click computer\manage you can then open disk management and delete the Z drive then extend the C: drive to inocrporate it ?

If that grumbles about not on an active partition then use partition wizard :)

Back