Windows 7 Dell 926 all in one printer not working!

bcooper56

I have it installed it just not working all it says is "Unknown error has occur" when i try to print any thing!

Hello and welcome,

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Components tree and choose a device
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.
3. Download System Information Viewer
4. Download PC WIZARD 2008
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

I'd suggest you look over these links. there is no Windows 7 driver, but the Vista drivers may work.

pay attention to the uninstall procedure:

How to Download and Install the Drivers for a Dellâ„¢ 926 All-In-One Printer

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hello and welcome,

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Components tree and choose a device
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.
3. Download System Information Viewer
4. Download PC WIZARD 2008
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

I'd suggest you look over these links. there is no Windows 7 driver, but the Vista drivers may work.

pay attention to the uninstall procedure:

How to Download and Install the Drivers for a Dell™ 926 All-In-One Printer

Printer 926 (Personal All-in-One)
1. How do i do that i don't see run thing in windows 7
2. Nope i have the printer installed just wont' print any thing and no yellow flag\
3. Downloading and running
4. Doing that as well
5. Yep driver up to date all

Last edited:
Try going to Control Panel > Devices and Printers.

Make sure it has a check beside it indicating it's the default printer.

Select the printer, Printer Server properties from windows explorer's menu and verify that all information is correct under ports and drivers.

Try going to Control Panel > Devices and Printers.

Make sure it has a check beside it indicating it's the default printer.

Select the printer, Printer Server properties from windows explorer's menu and verify that all information is correct under ports and drivers.
Ya it now set default but still not working right!

" An unknown error has occurred while printing" that is it just box with ! mark in it with that i could take screens shot of desktop but i have no idea how. Also it says while printing and printer never makes a noise or starts.

First go to Start > Run , and type services.msc. Scroll down until you see Print Spooler and verify it's started and make sure it's set to Automatic.

Did you download the drivers from the site I posted earlier and did you read all instructions carefully?

Such as this one:
Do not reconnect the USB cable to the printer until after you have downloaded and reinstalled the printer's drivers.
Go to Control Panel Programs and Features and see if the printer(s) are listed and uninstall them.

I would suggest you use this free program to uninstall:

http://www.revouninstaller.com

Hopefully you have saved the driver download to try a re-install

First go to Start > Run , and type services.msc. Scroll down until you see Print Spooler and verify it's started and make sure it's set to Automatic.

Did you download the drivers from the site I posted earlier and did you read all instructions carefully?

Such as this one:
Do not reconnect the USB cable to the printer until after you have downloaded and reinstalled the printer's drivers.
Go to Control Panel Programs and Features and see if the printer(s) are listed and uninstall them.

I would suggest you use this free program to uninstall:

Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems

Hopefully you have saved the driver download to try a re-install

Did it all and still no help so am i out of luck lol?

Try unplugging the USB cable, shut down your computer completely, then restart.

You can use the Windows sniping to to capture screenshots.

Back