Windows 10 Detecting legal software Keylogger/Keystroker

glades182

Hi All,

Believe my wife installed keylogger/keystroker software on my PC. Whats worst is I believe this has been happening for over 7 years since well before we are married.

Invasion of privacy, call it what you will.

What would be the best way to detect if any is installed? I am willing to pay for a security service, though not sure they will even detect some of these "legal" keyloggers out there.

While I am posting, figured I would post a screen shot of programs running. If anyone sees something suspicious please let me know.

Attachments

• 2017-01-13 (5).png
    2017-01-13 (5).png
    725.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 2017-01-13 (6).png
    2017-01-13 (6).png
    729.5 KB · Views: 291
  • 2017-01-13 (7).png
    2017-01-13 (7).png
    728.1 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Try to do all the work in Safe Mode with Networking. Press F8 at power on/startup. Use the up key to highlight to Safe Mode with Networking, hit Enter.
go to http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and download the malware remover program. Perform a full scan. This can take a while. If it finds any malware, click on the Remove Selected and it will quarantine the files. Exit the program.
Download Spybot - Search & Destroy Anti-malware & Antivirus Software It is a excellent free anti-spyware program. After installation, update the program database. Right click on the desktop icon and RUN AS ADMIN, then scan.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

You've got several items that appear to by Spyware viruses which trstick1's methods of removal should work. There's also a lot of crap in there that you should download and run CCLEANER from piriform.com to get rid of. *CAUTION: DO NOT USE THE REGISTRY CLEANER TOOL!**

Keylogger programs, both legit and non-legit often hide in the Hidden partition of your Hard Drive where all the above mentioned programs, MBAM, Spybot, and CCLEANER, do not have access to. You'll need to go trendmicro.com AND download the free ROOTKIT BUSTER rootkit/bootkit virus removal tool. If anything show up there, it will tell you and allow you to remove it. However, this doesn't guarantee that will get rid of your Keylogger program. If she got the Government issue one, which costs mucho dinero; this tool won't remove it--that's what law enforcement uses to catch criminals.

So in order to be SAFE--you should FIRST BACKUP ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FILES (LIBRARY FOLDERS) TO EXTERNAL MEDIA PRIOR TO RUNNING ANY OF THESE SOFTWARE TOOLS WE RECOMMEND TO YOU IN ORDER TO PREVENT IRRETRIEVABLE DATA LOSS!!!
And then run our recommended tools at that point.

Personally, I would recommend COMPTELEY WIPING OUT EVERYTHING ON THAT COMPUTER BY REINSTALLING YOUR W10; THAT COMPLETELY ERASES ALL DATA ON THE DRIVE INCLUDING THE HIDDEN PARTITIONS THAT ROOTKITS/BOOTKITS SUCH AS KEYLOGGER PROGRAMS HIDE IN!! The best way to do this is by using the built-in program on your Computer to produce Factory Recovery Media (DVD discs or USB drive). Change the Boot Order on your PC at boot time (if you don't know how to do this, visit the website of your PC or laptop manufacturer and download the free Users Manual. It will tell you the appropriate key-combo to get to Boot Order preferences. Boot your W10 Factory Recovery Media and choose RESET THIS PC--choose to not keep programs and data files. When you get into the Partition Manager which will show you ALL partitions on your W10 hard drive (C: drive); which could be from 2-12 partitions. You'll need to wipe all those out--delete them all!! Then, once your entire C: drive is back to Unallocated or RAW; you can continue the install or choose to manually format the partition with NTFS; proceed with W10 Recovery Media install. This will absolutely get rid of 99.99% of anything on that hard drive and put a fresh copy of W10 back on your Machine--completely eliminating the Keylogger rootkit/bootkit virus! :up:

If this sounds like too much work,:hide: or you can't wrap your head around, as per Neem's removal tool; remember these are professional tools used by licensed Computer Techs or Computer Engineers--you should take your computer or laptop into one of these professionals in your area, such as Best Buy Geek Squad. The real question is: how much money is it worth to you to keep your wife from spying on you. In case you don't have an honest Computer Guy, I'm here to tell you if you do have one; I would certainly get someone else.:ohno: He should have spotted that before you did.:wound: And I'd strongly suggest you buy your wife her own PC and STOP SHARING YOURS WITH HER!!! Next, lock your PC or laptop in a room with a door and lockset or if a laptop, in a 2-drawer or 4-drawer steel file-cabinet with a heavy duty keylock or combo-lock. Those run from $75-$300 or so. The best way to stop her snooping on you is to get her off of your computer, give her a computer of her own, and lock up or prevent physical access to your computer. AND, make sure you switch Computer Techs and take it in at least 2-3 times a year and have him check it for Spyware and Keyloggers--just in case she finds a way in anyway.;)

Hope that helps.:lightbulb:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>> :rain: :brew: :usa:

Back
Top Bottom