Windows 10 Devices connected to domain network not showing on network explorer

Luke13TH

I am an administrator on a small business domain network. When viewing my network within the file explorer there are no devices showing however i am connected to the domain and can ping other devices on the network and receive a reply back. I am running the latest win10 pro version with all updates installed.

Can anyone advise?
Thank you in advance.

A Domain relies entirely on a DNS server for name resolution.
I assume you are running DNS on one of your servers in your Domain, even if it's your Domain Controller.
Make sure that all Domain Client machines are point at your local DNS server for name resolution. As a matter of fact it should be the only DNS server they have or need in the properties of IPv4 in the properties of their individual network adapters.
You can of course add a WINs server but it should not be necessary.

I researched into the problems and spoke to one of my other technicians and this is a fault with the latest Win 10 build. There is also problems with VPN services in the latest build of Win 10. Hopefully it should be resolved soon.

IF you are talking about Version 1511 Build 10586.3
There have been two Cumulative Updates
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3118754) which I believe brought the build number up to 10586.11
AND
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3120677) which I believe brought the build number up to 10586.14
Do you have both installed on your client machines?

Back