Windows 7 DHCP network error bug??

DonKeyKong

Hi all,
Upgraded from Vista 32 bit Ultimate to Win 7 32 bit same. Everything else works great except Win 7 wont keep the TCPIC /DHCP settings on boot.

Whenever I boot up I have to go into Network adapter propperties and dump some whatever ip address into 'protocol Version 4' and hit the 'diagnose' option then it finds the solution asks me to apply the fix and it then says 'DHCP is now installed', yet it wont keep the setting....I have to do this everytime I start the pc.

Win 7 also does not seem to be able to set up 'homegroup' on this pc or allow me to type in the password from the other pc's on the nework, both of which have Win 7 working fine. Ironically, this pc can still see the others and keeps wanting to call itself "Network 3" while the others are just on 'Network'

Please advise
-Si

......oh, and I checked the forums about disabling IPv6 but if I do that it gives me a big red X over my connection icon....any help would be great thanks

Fixed!!! Went to Local Area Connection details and put in the ip address and gateway manually and turned off QoS Packet Sheduler.

-Si

Back