Windows 10 Did everyone get a new Start Men today?

Has done that for awhile. I quite like it expanded but I never had a problem with the modern ui

Screenshot (7).png

No useful comment. lol I'm still using the Windows "modern" start menu.

Start_Menu.png

I like most people hated that new modern UI screen, the start screen...aka metro, the tiles screen. But, after customizing it and categorizing it, I really got very comfortable with it.

Hi

I was surprised when I awakened my computer and saw the expanded window.
I had never opened it up, just used it in the compacted form.

Right after I posted I went back to look at it again and realized what the button in the upper right was for.
In the expanded version it looks kind of like a British flag.

It is the right compromise for the two factions of those who like the Metro interface and those who like the Windows 7 interface.

Personally I would like an option to run the Windows XP interface with the fly out menu pages where you can see everything but I'm not going to install Classic Shell to get that.

I use Rocket Dock which makes it very easy to get to all the stuff I use regularly.

I just set up the mail app to open my Gmail account, and I like the interface, it's really pretty nice.

And I'm assuming that this will allow me to get Cortana to handle my mail when every thing is up and running.

Mike

Lol. Well, Mike did say "kind of like". Maybe if Scotland and Wales get their wish for eventual independence, it will look something like that

Hi

I probably do need new glasses, that's one of the downsides of being 76.
There aren't any upsides!

But it does have all those bars running in different directions when it's expanded.

Composite_zpssng8nte9.jpg

LOL

Mike

76 Only 30 years until I get there and hope I'm as lively and enthusiastic as you. Fair play to you

Back