Windows 7 Difficult to repeat, seemingly many different causes of a rash of BSOD's

Stifle

I am not too familiar with reading info and taking action on BSOD's so I have come here for help. in the past week my newly rebuilt home PC has been experiencing a rash of blue screens that I have not been able to attribute to any particular source. I have been analyzing each minidump file but have not noticed any trends.

So far I have taken the following actions...
-Updated video drivers to catalyst 10-12 (using a very new video card)
-disabled sound card and drivers for it - currently using on board sound its drivers
-updated windows 7 completely
-ran memtest86+ on memory overnight to produce 9 complete passes and no errors
-Ran 9 hours of Prime95 last night on my modestly overclocked (3.2 from 3.0) processor, no errors
-I think I have done other things like switched from firefox to chrome b/c one minidump mentioned firefox plugin container, and since then chrome has been implicated in 2 crashes.

I am not sure where to go from here.
attached are the minidump files from the crashes that have occurred in the past week.

View attachment 120910-19578-01.dmp, View attachment 121110-19266-01.dmp, View attachment 120810-23415-01.dmpView attachment 121110-19250-01.dmp, View attachment 121110-20997-01.dmp, View attachment 121210-21949-01.dmpView attachment 121410-23930-01.dmp, View attachment 121310-25428-01.dmp

Welcome.

Follow my signature please. You're going to need that, because your memory is defective or set unwell in the bios.

Also uninstall Comodo.

Then uninstall Daemon Tools. Then use this installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys (CLICK ON UNINSTALL WHILE USING):

http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads

Reboot.

I forgot to mention in the original post that I had to manually set the speed and timings of my memory in bios. the memory timings are factory set to 9-9-9-24, however there may be an issue with the command rate setting as the memory product documentation is listed as 9-9-9-24-2L which i suppose is meant to be 9-9-9-24 and 2T for the command rate (which is what it is set as now, but may have contributed to a BSOD within the past week

That's all well and good, but not helpful to me in the slightest way.

Following what I say to do would actually be most helpful here.

I will do just that when I get home from work today. Thanks for the quick reply TorrentG

Ok then. Uninstalled daemon tools and comodo and ran the sptd.sys uninstaller, also searched the PC for the .sys file before and after to confirm it was removed.

Here are the memory and spd screens you requested
CPU-Z - spd and memory.jpg

Your memory is severely overclocked. It must be set to 667 MHz instead of how it is now at 800 MHz. Go in the bios, make the necessary changes, save. Reboot to Windows. Check the memory tab. If it is wrong, keep on trying until you get it right. If you can't get it right, contact the manufacturer of your motherboard and/or RAM.

Good luck and enjoy. (I'm done here, so if I don't respond any longer, it's only because I have nothing left to say and not being rude.)

The memory I purchase should be rated for 1600 MHz, I wonder if there is a mix up there as I saw the discrepancy in CPU-z a while ago but thought it was an error on the part of the program.

Ill check the memory speed on the sticks again and possibly RMA them. But in mean time ill scale them down in bios.

2 more BSOD's happened today before i got home and before I made any of the changes in my last post, could you take a look into them to see if they are related to the other issues?

View attachment 121510-26910-01.dmp, View attachment 121510-29406-01.dmp

Memory has been reduced to 9-9-9-24-1t and 1333MHz - Thanks very much for the help TorrentG, I can see how my last post could seem as though i was discounting what you had said but I am truly grateful for the help.

Ill report back if any more episodes arise

Back
Top Bottom