Windows Vista DirectX 9 Games not working on vista???

U

Unregistered

Hello all. I just installed Vista RC1 for a second time, and tried to load up SCARFACE. Tells me d3d9_29.dll isn't found. DL'd it, and the graphics are all messed up. I am reading about this new Directx 9.0L, for vista. But haven't seen a date or link to download yet... any info?

msg

Hello all. I just installed Vista RC1 for a second time, and tried to load up SCARFACE. Tells me d3d9_29.dll isn't found. DL'd it, and the graphics are all messed up. I am reading about this new Directx 9.0L, for vista. But haven't seen a date or link to download yet... any info?

I got a dx9 game to work by puting the files it was asking for in the directory of the game... Worked for me with the FlatOut2 demo

Where can I get these files?

Try getting the DirectX 9 Redistributable from Microsoft would be my first guess. I had an issue installing Madden 2007 as a test. Installer was looking for DirectX 9 and unfortunately I dont see a way around install problems like this. :(

download a program for DLL.Files so that it can be easy to install games.

I got this game called Scarface and i tried a program for all the dll.files and it did work.

YOU MUST SaY THAT SCARFACE IS A BRILLIANT GAME!

Back