Disable inline progress bar?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by ozzem, May 23, 2010.

1. ozzem

ozzem New Member

2. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums :)
    I can't believe you find that annoying! I think it's a great feature. None the less...
    For some programs, this is application controlled, so you may be able to find a place to change it within the program.

Alternatively, you can use a program, which is quite advanced.
    Check it out here.

3. ozzem

ozzem New Member

Hi Mitchell_A,

yeahh, I don't like to much eye candy thinks on my desktop. It's just distracting me.
    Like ICQ popups or email notifications...

So that means I have to turn this feature off in every app I use? I don't think that's possible,
    the copy/paste/move dialogs got this feature too and there's no option in windows to turn this off..

And I think this tutorial you linked is about how to enable this feature in your own programs
    and not how to disable it.

Well ok, if it's not possible, i got to live with it.

4. barakuda

barakuda New Member

Pls tell me you can turn off this inline progress bar in windows 7. Its beyond annoying to me. Especially when im watching videos, its so distracting.

I cant believe you made this thing without possibility to be turned off.
    Im trying to watch a video and green line keeps moving in taskbar, i cant concentrate. When i pause a video this green line turns to yellow like its some sort of error.
    FFS What were you thinking!

Pls tell me you can disable it

5. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

I'd like to fix mine it only works sporadically.
    Joe

6. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

There's really no sure fire way to disable it for all programs, but read this article, and look at the code required to make a taskbar progress bar, then you might understand why it's not so easy to disable:
    Windows 7: How to display progress bar on taskbar icon? | Reflections of my thoughts....

As mentioned in my original post, there's not really a way to disable it all together, except for specific programs (in the options).

I have just spent a fair amount of time browsing Google and various forums and have found no other method.