Windows 7 disable my mouse

mswrites

I have a Dell1525 laptop running win7. I have a microsoft wireless mouse. I want to disable my laptop mouse pad because as I'm typing and my hand passes over the pad the cursor goes to an unwanted position.

Could it be something else?

Any suggestions?

ms

Inspiron 1525 - How to Disable Touchpad

copy of the reply...........Courtesy of dgkpcon, name of the replier............
Right click touchpad icon in system tray(looks like monitor with flash green dot)>pointing device properties>devices tab,touchpad- click disable>touchpad buttons-click disable>click the "disable Touchpad/Stick when a USB pointing device is present".Click apply>click O.K.

Source: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19224746.aspx

Inspiron 1525 - How to Disable Touchpad

copy of the reply...........Courtesy of dgkpcon, name of the replier............
Right click touchpad icon in system tray(looks like monitor with flash green dot)>pointing device properties>devices tab,touchpad- click disable>touchpad buttons-click disable>click the "disable Touchpad/Stick when a USB pointing device is present".Click apply>click O.K.

Source: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19224746.aspx
I didn't have the touchpad icon in my system tray. So I followed the link you provided and downloaded the dell touchpad driver R286709 which placed an icon in my system tray. Right clicking or properties gives no option do disable. The only option is "Remove Icon" . No disable available in the device manager also.

Sorry to hear that.
Perhaps you would ask the folks in Dell Inspiron 1525 forums. Afterall, they use the same model as yours.
I do not have a Dell 1525, so, that is as far as I can go.
Good luck.

On my laptops, I go to Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Devices and printers then right-click on the Mouse and select "Mouse settings". On the "Device settings" tab, I click the box labeled "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached". Even though it says USB, it still disables the touchpad when it detects my Bluetooth mouse.

I prefer this method to the hotkey method since it is automatic, if my Bluetooth mouse is detected then touchpad disabled, if not, touchpad enabled.

mswrites,
Every computer make has different way to access touchpad.
The steps and options I use for my Acer will not be applicable for your Dell.
That is why I gave you links that are written for Dell computers.
I am sorry I can not help you any further.

The method I provided has worked on Dell, Toshiba, Fujitsu and Acer brand laptops/netbooks for me.

Back
Top Bottom