Windows 10 disabled admin account

cmosk

So I wanted to take out the signing in everyday by going to the netplwiz program and I accidently disabled/deactivated my account. This was the admin account and now I cant get it back. Even when I go into another basic account/user it doesn't have admin controls so it cant activate it. please help.

Hi,
Just a word to the wise here, even if you are the only person using your Computer in your household, disabling the password protected login (either local account or Microsoft account) is the worst thing you can do if you are on a broadband Internet connection (always on), and most folks these days are unless you are a dinosaur and are using a dial-up over landline connection to the Internet. Disabling your password, which is your first line of protection against hackers and cyber-criminals who will attempt to gain access to your computer is never a good idea.:ohno: And today, there are very very bad Ransomware Crypto-viruses (about a dozen or more of them now), that will lock your computer, or lock all your files on both your hard drive inside your computer and any additional external drives or flash drives that are plugged into your computer and demand a ransom from you for $250-$2,500 via bitcoin, PayPal, or MoneyPak. Of course, it's your computer and you can do what you want, but you should be warned that this is a VERY DANGEROUS thing to do with your computer, and if you keep any kind of financials on that computer you are also making it easy for criminals to attack your computer and perpetrate Identity Theft and steal all the money out of your bank accounts, and even open up new Credit Card accounts and spend hundreds or thousands of dollars that you will be personally liable for.

You've been warned!! So beware, and reconsider what you are doing.:noway:

Best,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

No and we both know it is futile to try to reach these people as well BBJ, but the day may come where they finally realize the importance of security. You can enable the hidden Administrator but again only from an Admin account. You are going to have to see a service tech to get through the password situation now I'm afraid.

Back