Windows 10 Disallow New Users

Lester

Honorable Member
I'm looking for a way to stop an Administrator account from setting up new users in Windows 10. I've gone through the group policy settings with a fine tooth comb, I think, and haven't found a way to do it. I've also searched technet, etc.

I can shut off access to the PC Settings functions (SystemSettings.exe), using the group policy editor, but that shuts off way too much. All I want to do is stop users from setting up new accounts. Is there any way to just disallow one page in the PC Settings section?

I cann't think of a way that a skilled Windows user could not work around

Why are they members of 'administrators' group... I would have them as members of the 'power users' instead?

I agree with ussnorway - No 100% way.

Curious query though?
Why would you want to have that deterrent from an administrative account.

I don't think there is a way to disable local accounts. You can force local accounts to authenticate as guest though which should basically prevent them from being able to do anything with those accounts.
In gpedit.msc Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > Network access: Sharing and Security model for local accounts

If I understand the odd request, he wants to stop the Admin from setting up local accounts?

I can only think of a school were they need admin to install the software but the staff wants some control still?
thats what the power user group is for but whatever

Back
Top Bottom