Windows 7 Display Background Problem

fatz2fly

After performing a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, I selected the landscape slide show for the display background. The slide show functioned properly for several hours, but eventually hung up on a single slide. Since then, I was able to change the background to a solid color. However, I am now stuck with the solid color option. I can not change back to one of the slide shows, or even to a single personalized photo. Other system functions appear normal. Any suggestions before I perform a reinstall? Thanks!
System: AMD Athlon 2.2ghz, 4gb memory, nvidia geforce 6600gt

The performance indicators range between 4.1 and 5.4, which isn't bad for an older system.

For others who have had this problem, reinstalling the video drivers, and performing the disk scan did not help. I finally did a Windows 7 reinstall, choosing 'upgrade' when the installation sequence got to that screen. By using the 'upgrade' option my settings were saved. I keep my files on a separate drive and backed them up before the reinstall. After the reinstall, the desktop background is behaving normally. I am guessing that the jpg-slide that got stuck on the desktop background was corrupted and the disk scan was unable to repair it.

Back