Windows 8 DLing Win8 for Correct Bit-set

Drew

Banned
FYI:

IF, you are putting Win8 Upgrade on a 32-bit machine, download the Upgrade w/ that machine or another x86 machine.

IF, you are putting it on a 64-bit machine use that machine or another x64 machine to DL.

I'm sure you see the point/message here. IF, you DL it on a 64-bit machine & then, go to install on a x86 machine you will receive a compatibility error.

And, certainly, you are not going, even consider bothering to put a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit machine.

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, apparently, I needed to have included some words about the 4G RAM for X64. Guess, I should not have taken that as obvious. Certainly, can run a 32 OS on 64 H/W even w/ less than 4G RAM. OR even 64, for that matter. 64 does NEED 4G, just will take advantage of it if it is there.

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

There have been some comments about an option during a download to choose the other bit version, during the purchase verification process, I believe. I don't remember seeing it, but it might be there.

There have been some comments about an option during a download to choose the other bit version, during the purchase verification process, I believe. I don't remember seeing it, but it might be there.

I didn't had the option (personally) when I checked out using the Upgrade Advisor. Although I did do it from 64-bit Release Preview

From within Windows 8 RP/CP using the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, it will auto-detect x86/x64 and download accordingly, hence, no available option to choose.

Back