Windows 8 DLNA server problem

Bob Bobberstein

I'm new to windows, and i just built a computer that runs windows 8.1. I set up my computer to work as a dlna media server and ive put some photos in windows media player and im 100% positive that there on the dlna server. But when i go to my xbox and click the server, all the folders show up, and i even created a test playlist folder and put the photos in there, but the photos wont show up. All the folders show up, the test playlist (called test1 to recongnize) folder shows up but theres nothing in it at all! no photos ! i made sure the photos were the correct file types and they are, but they still dont show up. I dont know if this is a problem with windows or with my xbox, but nothing is showing up. Please help.

I set up my computer to work as a dlna media server and ive put some photos in windows media player and im 100% positive that there on the dlna server.

is there a homegroup... is the xbox a member... are photos set to allow in the homegroup settings?

I don't do much media streaming and I don't have an xBox. But in WMP, have you checked the Stream option on the menu line? Are devices authorized to play the media?

Back
Top Bottom