Windows 7 Do you guys like the new taskbar at all?

I have to to say that I also love it, it's unique, and works very well... it's nice to see that Windows is progressing rather then sticking with the same sh!t over and over.. ;) (I do admit that the ability to make it behave like previous versions of Windows is nice, but I still prefer the new taskbar)
How do you make the taskbar behave like the vista one?

right click the taskbar and choose properties.

1. Check "Use Small Icons"
  2. Taskbar Buttons: "Never Combine"
  3. Unfortunately there is no quick launch for windows 7.

i hate the new taskbar!

it is almost usable once i change the settings like mentioned, but it still bugs the crap out of me the way the minimized windows are mixed in with launcher icons

if they are going to change it, they should at least give us the option to make it classic style

i hate the new taskbar!

it is almost usable once i change the settings like mentioned, but it still bugs the crap out of me the way the minimized windows are mixed in with launcher icons

if they are going to change it, they should at least give us the option to make it classic style
I have 2 agree with tj. I am still not used to the fact that the icons are mixed up. I liked that my quicklaunch icons were all grouped the same way on all my pcs. Probably a learning curve for this old dog

i hate the new taskbar!

I have 2 agree with tj. I am still not used to the fact that the icons are mixed up. I liked that my quicklaunch icons were all grouped the same way on all my pcs. Probably a learning curve for this old dog

Very Nice

I love this new taskbar, grouping things automatically is nice, its very appealing to the eye, very customizable. The one thing I don't really take a liking to is the size, its kind of thick. I like how the Windows orb stuck out on Vista.

The new taskbar grew on me. Initially I thought it was crap, but that's because I wasn't used to it. Now I love it.

It took a bit for me to get used to it. I'm curious to experience the aero theme but my video chipset doesn't support it. I think ill have to install it on my laptop that has vista on it.

Finally..... a Windows taskbar I'll use.

I haven't used the Windows taskbar in a decade. I've always dislliked it and replaced it with programs like WinStep, HoverDesk, and ObjectDock. This one's a keeper.

The new taskbar will probably be quite good after one gets used to it. The old way only needed a slight tweaking to be wonderful, tho. I like the way you can control which icons are displayed and which are hidden in the system tray. I also kinda like the thumbnail view of minimized applications.

No need to shake more then 3 times

I think the new taskbar rocks. You can just hover over the program and actually see instead of read the window you'd like to open. Also how about the side by side viewing versus the old school staking of windows. And has everyone tried the grab n shake method to minimize all other open windows instead of clicking each one closed. AWESOME!!!!

The only thing that annoys me a bit is that I have to wait for a preview after hovering over an icon on the taskbar. It should pop up immediately in my opinion. Or atleast have an option to.

Other than that, I love it!

The only thing that annoys me a bit is that I have to wait for a preview after hovering over an icon on the taskbar. It should pop up immediately in my opinion. Or atleast have an option to.

Other than that, I love it!

That would mean if you'd accidently hovered over your taskbar and you have a load of things open, then you'd get barrages of popups from all your open applications... think its a nice touch you have to wait

Back