Windows 7 Does Windows 7 RC in windows site will be build 7100?

Nece228

hi,
i see torrent leaks of build 7100. and now i see even the leaked 7106 builds. so, on may 5 microsoft will let you download 7100 or even newer rc build? i need to know this, because if i will download build 7100, and on may 5 ms will ship with even newer build then i will start to regret because my internet connection isnt super duper fast. but the problem is that i hate waiting, thats why im looking forward to torrents.
thanks

hi,
i see torrent leaks of build 7100. and now i see even the leaked 7106 builds. so, on may 5 microsoft will let you download 7100 or even newer rc build? i need to know this, because if i will download build 7100, and on may 5 ms will ship with even newer build then i will start to regret because my internet connection isnt super duper fast. but the problem is that i hate waiting, thats why im looking forward to torrents.
thanks

The leaked 7106 builds are NOT RC builds - they are RTM branch builds (latest build is in the 7134 range anyway). The build that was released to TechNet and MSDN subscribers yesterday is build 7100 and they are exactly the same images that leaked last Friday.

Pete

Windows 7 RC IS build 7100!!! ;) I wouldn't worry about build 7106 or any after that as it is build 7100 that Microsoft will be allowing users to download on May 5th... :) IT IS THE RC.. :) The RTM will soon follow.. The build numbers for it will be slightly different than the RC's and the general public WILL NOT be given acess to that via the Microsoft site... ;) Plain and simple... build 7100 is the RC and that is what you'll want to download on May 5th..

And as Pitt said, Build 7106 and so on are from the RTM branch.. which I wouldn't bother downloading as it will most likely be changed before final release anyway...

Last edited:
Windows 7 RC IS build 7100!!! ;) I wouldn't worry about build 7106 or any after that as it is build 7100 that Microsoft will be allowing users to download on May 5th... :) IT IS THE RC.. :) The RTM will soon follow.. The build numbers for it will be slightly different than the RC's and the general public WILL NOT be given acess to that via the Microsoft site... ;) Plain and simple... build 7100 is the RC and that is what you'll want to download on May 5th..

And as Pitt said, Build 7106 and so on are from the RTM branch.. which I wouldn't bother downloading as it will most likely be changed before final release anyway...
RTM will soon follow? RTM is scheduled to release in September, after RC2 in August.

thanks, so now im downloading 7100, because im sure that on may 05 microsft will give us same 7100 :)

RTM will soon follow? RTM is scheduled to release in September, after RC2 in August.

Smoke another my friend... it's obviously good stuff.. ;) There will only be 1 RC.. and the RTM release date hasn't officially been announced yet.. but I suspect it will show it's face around late October 09... ;) perhaps earlier but I wouldn't bet on it.. :)

thanks, so now im downloading 7100, because im sure that on may 05 microsft will give us same 7100 :)

Yes, the same build will be offered on May 5th.. however, like anything you download from untrusted sources.. you run the risk of downloading an ISO that could have Malware or Trojans (etc) in it... so it's up to you... (Just as a point of interest, if I were you I'd hold off until May 5th, that way you know for sure that your getting a 'clean' copy) ;) I got my copy from Technet yesterday.. haven't had the chance to install it yet but I should be able to tonight after work.. :)

As the others have stated, Microsoft says that Windows 7 will not have a second Release Candidate, they are pushing ahead with the RTM branch due to the overwhelming success of their current builds, and the very small number of bugs in current circulation.

I have been using Build 7100 (64 bit Ulimate) on both a Dual Core desktop and a Dual Core laptop (Dell XPS) for 48 hrs.
Quite a different feel than build 7000 (just better). In Adobe programs, Photoshop CS4 (64 bit) and Bridge, the performance seems noticeably faster - and more responsive. For Adobe users, it makes a huge and heavy program like Bridge - viewing hundreds of RAW files - just scream. My normal OS in Vista 64 and this build of Windows 7 is nothing at all like that.

Everything installed quickly, although on a multi -boot setup, multiple OSs, I did have a problem with the boot manger loading correctly. 3 HDs, 3 OS. Using a repair disk, created on the laptop Windows 7 (build 7100), corrected the loader. No problems now.

The look on the OS didn't really change. Same as build 7000. Not that I usually care, but the Windows backgrounds are striking.
Microsoft may have a hit on their hands. Personally love this OS.

As the others have stated, Microsoft says that Windows 7 will not have a second Release Candidate, they are pushing ahead with the RTM branch due to the overwhelming success of their current builds, and the very small number of bugs in current circulation.
OK, i obviously can trust you about this! But then, when are they gonna publish the new UI?

OK, i obviously can trust you about this! But then, when are they gonna publish the new UI?

IMO, they're NOT. AFAIK the "new UI" is just a rumor, nothing has been confirmed. Since the RC is out I'm sure there won't be any radical changes (which would need to be properly tested again...). Don't expect any in the UI.

I agree with piit on this one... I doubt there will be a new UI this late in the development.. ;) I like Windows 7's UI just the way it is.. :) It looks truly spectacular on my Samsung T220 22" Display.. :)

Smoke another my friend... it's obviously good stuff ;)

yes all the above it is just the one RC and then straight into the RTM at a slightly later date .

In case anyone is curious, this came straight from my Microsoft Partner Team email:

When will the final version of Windows 7 be available?
The final engineering milestone is the release to manufacturing (RTM), typically 3-5 months after the RC. We believe the product is high quality and to date have received very positive feedback. This might result in RTM delivery before the 3-5 months timeframe. Ultimately, you'll decide the quality and assess the delivery once you download and use the RC. Customer and partner feedback will determine how quickly we release.

As Kyle has mentioned the builds have been received very well so far and there are very few issues left to address. Personally (and this is just my opinion) I think the RTM could be out as early as late July. I've got 4 engineers in my office that I've converted to Windows 7 and they all love it and have almost no issues (just some software incompatibilities, but they had issues with Vista as well). As quickly as M$ has been pushing ahead with W7 I don't think it'll take them long to get the RTM out.

In case anyone is curious, this came straight from my Microsoft Partner Team email:

As Kyle has mentioned the builds have been received very well so far and there are very few issues left to address. Personally (and this is just my opinion) I think the RTM could be out as early as late July. I've got 4 engineers in my office that I've converted to Windows 7 and they all love it and have almost no issues (just some software incompatibilities, but they had issues with Vista as well). As quickly as M$ has been pushing ahead with W7 I don't think it'll take them long to get the RTM out.

Agreed, but I hope they don't decide to rush it out.. Just stick with the time frame that they had set from the beginning and release Windows 7 no earlier than the original target ship date.. That's just my opinion on it.. I really think Windows 7 is near complete as is, but a rushed product is never a good product in the long run.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom